96 Social Media Facts for Marketers
Social Media as we all know is the new face of the internet. With the help of social media, you can get any message across to anyone anywhere. It is a very powerful tool if used effectively. Gone are the days when social media are only used to connect with family and friends. Nowadays, social media is considered a powerful marketing tool. Every wise marketer now includes social media in their marketing plan.
Tanget! Looking to help redesign the outdated appearance of my current business. Thinking on the nice branding at http://crystaller.com? Truly a dependable asphalt sealer based in Oakville if, perhaps seeking within the Ontario locale. Make an opinion. Appreciated!
Is this good for marketing?
A lot of marketers, mostly internet marketers, say social media is a very good resource. They insist that to rank very well on search engines, social media must be utilized effectively. They also said, with the viral nature of social media, your message can get to as many people as possible in as little time as possible.
Still in doubt, here are 100 social media facts as compiled by some social media gurus.
1. There are more devices connected to the internet than there are people one earth. (unbelievable but true)
2. 40% of the worlds population socializes more online than they do on a face to face basis.
3. 100,000 tweets are sent on Twitter
4. 2 million searches are made on Google
5. 48 hours are uploaded on YouTube.
6. 684, 478 contents are shared on Facebook.
7. 3,600 photos are shared on Instagram.
8. 122,437 photos are pinned on Pinterest.
9. Over 10,000 connections are joined on LinkedIn.
10. 5,000 page likes are gotten on Facebook.
Social Networks Statistics:
11. Facebook has 1Bilion Registered Users and 552 Million Daily Active Users
12. Twitter has 517 Million Registered Users and 6.9 Million Daily Active Users
13. Google+ has 400 Million Users and 75 Million Daily Active Users
14. LinkedIn has 175 Million Users and 25 Million Daily Active Users
15. Instagram has 100 Million Users and 7.3 Million Daily Active Users
16. Pinterest has 25 Million Users and 4 Million Daily Active Users
Monthly Time Spent Per User:
17. An average user spends 6.75 hours per month on Facebook.
18. An average user spends 1.5 hours per month on Google+.
19. An average user spends 21 minutes per month on Twitter.
20. An average user spends 17 minutes per month on LinkedIn.
21. An average user spends 5 minutes per month on Instagram.
22. An average user spends 3 minutes per month on Pinterest.
Male & Female Ratio of Users:
23. Facebook = 60% Female, 40% Male
24. Twitter = 60% Female, 40% Male
25. Pinterest = 79% Female, 21% Male
26. Google+ = 29% Female, 69% Male
27. 58% of Facebook users return daily
28. 50% of smartphones connect to Facebook every hour of every day
29. Facebook is accessed by 7,000 different types of devices every day
30. 500 million likes per day
31. 140 Billion friend connections
32. 250 million photos added daily
33. 1 out of 7 minutes spent online is spent on facebook
34. Every day, Facebooks users altogether spend 10.5 billion minutes (approximately 20,000 years) on it.
35. 95% of retweets are based on interesting content. Only 26% are due to inclusion of please RT in the tweet.
36. 340 million tweets are sent per day
37. 40% of twitter users have never sent a single tweet
38. 11 accounts are created every second
39. Every day, 1 million new accounts are created
40. Twitters projected advertising revenue in 2013 is $450 Million.
41. 80% of users log in atleast once per week
42. 60% of users log in every day
43. 42% of users are single (hmn.. think I gotta get a wife on Google+).
44. 67% of users are male
45. Every day Google+ buttons are served more than 5 Billion times
46. User base grew massively by 1600% between April 2011 and April 2012
47. 300 million pictures are uploaded to Facebook through Instagram daily
48. 575 likes by users every second
49. 81 comments are made every second
50. 1 Billion total photos have been uploaded to Instagram since it's inception
51. Every second, 1 new user joins Instagram
52. Every second, 1 new user joins
53. 42% of users update their profile information regularly
54. 81% of users belong to atleast one group
55. 61% use it as their primary professional networking site.
56. 50% of LinkedIn users have a bachelors or graduate degree.
57. Pinterest is now the third most popular social network after Facebook and Twitter
58. Since 2012, 1.2 billion minutes have been spent using Pinterest on the web
59. The average Pinterest user has 171 pins, 229 followers, 3 boards and 28 likes
60. 720 million minutes we're spent using the app in 2012
61. 19% of female internet users are on Pinterest (woah!)
62. Over 20% of Facebook users are on Pinterest daily.
63. Every minute, 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter
64. 30% of videos account for 99% of all views
65. Every day, YouTube gets 600 million views on mobile
66. One hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second, that is 24 hours of video every 24 seconds, 60 hours a minute, 9 months every 2 hours, a decade every single day and a century every 10 day (this is serious!)
67. 4 billion video views are seen on YouTube daily
68. 8% of people access social games from a mobile phone
69. 44% earn over $50,000 per year from social games
70. 29% of social gamers are married with children
71. 58% of social gamers are over 40 years old
Coupons on Social Media:
72. 67% of customers will like a facebook page to save 25% or more price
73. 28% of customers share deals through social media
74. 17% will tweet or retweets a deal ro save 25% or more
75. 12% have looked for deals on social media sites using their phones
76. Out of the 6 billion people on earth, 4.8 billion have a mobile device while only 4.2 have a toothbrush (Surprising!)
77. The time spent on social media on mobile app and the mobile web is 161 million minutes per month
78. 91% of mobile internet access is for social activities
79. 71% of all app sessions take place outside the U.S.
80. 73% of mobile phone owners access social networks through atleast once per day
81. We interact with our mobile phones 40 to 80 times a day on average
82. U.S. has the greatest number of active iOS and Android devices starting at 181 million, china is 2nd at 167 million while Britain is 3rd at 35 million
83. China is the fastest growing mobile phone market growing at 293% between October 2011 and October 2012.
84. 1 in 4 users on Facebook tag their posts with location every month.
85. An average Facebook user has 229 friends
86. 16% Pinterest accounts are connected to Twitter
87. 50% of users check their facebook security settings every 2-3 months
88. Over 20 Million US users have their birthday and year in their profile
Social Media for Business:
89. 34% of medium and 27% of small businesses are using social media for business
90. Facebook is the number one social marketing tool for brands at 83% followed by twitter at 53%
91. 74% of brand marketers saw an increase in website traffic after investing just 6 hours per week on social media
92. 62% of marketers said that social media has become more important to their marketing campaigns in the last 6 months.
93. 83% of social media customer service users have walked away from a purchase after a bad experience compared to 49% of non-users
Thanks guys! I personally Facebooked my coworker that I could absolutely critique this excellent London based office cleaning services, https://www.ecms-ltd.co.uk inside a good article. If perhaps you'll be searching to get a cleaning company inside of the OTH sector, these folks have been really good.
Finally, we must remark the outline to this valuable piece was graciously supplied via Evan with ModDish. Definitely a terrific web design firms. We definitely admire a first-rate tip!
https://www.awakensolutions.com - Utilize guys all the time.
http://canadianbearhunts.ca - Happy I came across these people.
https://blindviking.com - Thank you for the critique 🙂 I am the most horrible speller.
http://saintlouisinjuryattorneys.com - Mark, you came through for my situation once again 🙂
http://bistroambrosia.ca - Good business.
Posted in Other Home Post Date 07/25/2021